Monday, February 22, 2010

Walking, Talking, and Living a Normal Life...

... sometimes is taken for granted.  How often have you gotten out of bed, walked into the kitchen, said "Good Morning" to your wife and then went on about your business attacking the day?  I've done it thousands of times. It's just so, well, natural that is easy to forget what a miracle it is.

There are so many people out there that can't do this.  People that have been paralyzed, people that have cancer, people that have MS, people that have heart failure.  So many people that would love to be able to get out of bed and walk into the kichen and not give it a second thought.

I've actually been there. Walking after pneumonia was an exercise in planning.  How do I get from point A to point B without passing out or coughing?  How am I going to get to sleep tonight without laying flat?  How in the hell am I going to get up 6 flights of stairs to my car?  All of these questions and exercises in planning just to do normal things.

It gives one a lot to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment